Tension headaches are one of the most common types of headaches. They are usually caused by stress or tightness in the muscles of the head and neck. Tension headaches can be quite painful and make it difficult to concentrate or perform everyday tasks. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to relieve them, such as visiting a chiropractor. At Cason Chiropractic in Harrisonburg, we provide chiropractic care for tension headache treatment. We will help you identify the source of your tension headaches and provide effective relief.
What are Tension Headaches?
When you have a tension headache, you will likely feel pressure or a tightening sensation in your head and neck. These headaches are often brought on by stress, anxiety, or tension in the muscles of the head and neck. They can be quite painful and make it difficult to concentrate or perform everyday tasks. While episodic tension headaches only last a few days, chronic tension headaches go for more than 15 days, which means they can have a significant negative effect on your life.
Tension Headache Symptoms
The symptoms of tension headaches can vary from person to person, but often include:
- Pressure or a tightening sensation in the head and neck
- Pain that ranges from mild to severe and affects the top, front, or both sides of the head
- Trouble concentrating
- Mild sensitivity to light or sound
- Difficulty sleeping
Chiropractic Care for Tension Headaches
If you are struggling with tension headaches, chiropractic care can help. Our chiropractors in Harrisonburg will identify the source of your tension headaches and provide relief. We will work to loosen your tight muscles, improve posture, and address any other factors that may contribute to your headaches. In many cases, this can reduce or eliminate your headaches altogether. Some of the techniques we may recommend include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: We will adjust your spine to improve blood flow and reduce tension in the muscles of the head and neck.
- Massage: We may use massage therapy to help loosen your tight muscles and improve circulation.
- Stretching exercises: We will teach you exercises to stretch the muscles of the head and neck.
- Lifestyle changes: There are several lifestyle changes you can make to help reduce your chances of getting tension headaches, such as getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of water, and avoiding alcohol.
Contact Cason Chiropractic in Harrisonburg, VA
If you are looking for relief from tension headaches, chiropractic care may be the best answer. Our chiropractors in Harrisonburg will help identify the cause of your headaches and recommend an appropriate treatment. Call our team today at (540) 433-6909 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.