Unfortunately, carrying out daily activities becomes challenging when you have neck pain. Luckily, you can get help by visiting a chiropractor. Is neck pain negatively impacting your life in Harrisonburg, VA? Book an appointment with Cason Chiropractic for pain management.
Causes of Neck Pain
Our chiropractors see patients suffering from a wide range of conditions that cause neck pain. We often see patients with injured muscles, joints, nerves, and bones in the neck, causing pain and stiffness. The other causes of neck pain include:
- Whiplash: If you have been in a car accident and experienced neck pain, whiplash could have been the cause. This injury occurs when the accident’s impact causes micro-tears in your neck’s ligaments and tendons, causing pain, stiffness, dizziness, and headaches.
- Text neck: While excessive screen time can cause eyestrain, it can also cause neck pain. While staring at digital screens, the chances of you maintaining an unnatural posture are high, which puts pressure on your neck, leading to pain.
- Osteoarthritis: In your neck joint, bones are separated by cartilage to avoid rubbing against each other. However, osteoarthritis weakens this cartilage, resulting in bones rubbing against each other, leading to pain and limited mobility.
- Poor posture: If you put your body in an unnatural posture when sleeping or sitting down, it may put undue pressure on the neck, causing pain.
- Nerve compression: Disc herniation in the vertebrae of your neck may compress nerves originating from the spine, leading to tingling and pain.
If you have neck pain, don’t hesitate to visit our chiropractors. We will diagnose the cause of the pain and administer chiropractic treatment to reduce pain and improve mobility.
How Chiropractors Treat Neck Pain
During your first consultation, our chiropractors will assess your medical history, record your symptoms, and conduct a physical examination. If needed for a thorough diagnosis, we may request imaging tests like x-rays or CT scans. After diagnosis, we may recommend the below treatments:
- Chiropractic adjustments at the back and neck to align your out-of-position joints
- Stretching exercises to improve mobility, reduce discomfort, and add reliance to your neck muscles
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling
Visit Us for Chiropractic Care in Harrisonburg, VA
Are you suffering from neck pain in Harrisonburg, VA? If you visit our chiropractor at Cason Chiropractic, it only takes a few sessions to alleviate your symptoms and help your neck function optimally again. Book an appointment today for personalized treatment.